A Person's a Person No Matter How Small


Horton Hears A Who!
This is absolutely one of my favorite Dr. Seuss books.  Although, I love this book, it is a little long for some young children.  To help with that, I always begin the story by using Seussical, The Musical.  You can download the entire CD from iTunes. Or just this song for less than $1.  We will be listening to this CD as often as we can this week.

Seussical

 
After the song is finished, I continue reading the rest of the book.  Depending on the group, I give myself two reading sessions for the book.  Later that day, we make Horton ears.  I love to see the kids going home with these on.  Too cute!  I have a "real" pair myself that I begged from one our teachers when she went to the movie premiere. 

This is just one of those books where we enjoy it.  I am thankful that Read Across America celebrates reading!  Let's enjoy it!

Happy Teaching and Learning!

1 comment

  1. These are cute!!
    Jenn
    http://finallyinfirst.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top