I am having a Read Across America Linky Party! Share your ideas! Let's all celebrate Dr. Seuss! I will start off first with what I have planned based on Green Eggs and Ham. I have also included a few downloads. :)
My students will work independently or in small groups to complete the literacy activities. Here is what I have planned so far.
- Reader's Theatre: Students will work in pairs to read the book while working on developing fluency and reading with expression.
- Contractions: I will have them write words such as would not, do not into contractions.
- Green Eggs and Ham Word Hunt: Using copies of their Reader's Theatre script or the book, students will look for the words used in the book.
- Rhyming: I like to use plastic eggs and have students match rhyming words from the story.
- Recipe Writing: Usually, green eggs and ham is served for breakfast. I will have students write how to make them.
Happy Learning and Teaching!
Update: The Dr. Seuss Corporation does not allow the sharing of any Dr. Seuss related teacher created materials.