Money, Money, Money Part II

My kiddos continue to need a lot of hands on practice using money.  We have been working on this during our math time.  We have had lots of practice with these but need some new items to help us.

I created this Ice Cream Parlor Center to help them.  It seems that half of my kids are really good at counting money while the other half become confused when using pennies, nickels, dimes and quarters.  Their level of confidence drops.  To help each this, I created this center with the purpose of having the children make the amount shown two ways.  This way, they can rely on a familiar method but still practice using quarters; their weakness.  To help them be successful, our mini lesson will focus on how to make 25¢.
Click to download

BTW- Have you joined the Math Work Stations Blog Party?  I began to implement Math Work Stations in my classroom.  Here is a Sneak Peek of the labels I am creating to go with Chapter 3 Getting Started With Math Work Stations.  Just copy on Avery 8163 labels and they will be ready to use.  Be sure to stop by next week!  In the meantime, don't forget to visit my blogging friend.




Happy Teaching and Learning!

8 comments

  1. Good morning,
    I was just on your blog and wanted to download your money game. It says i don't have permission to download. Would you mind emailing it to me?
    Thanks for sharing all your wonderful ideas,
    Barbara
    meadowt@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rechecked the links and the share settings. It should be working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am having so much fun reading each blog that has linked up and I can't wait to see what is coming next. I love the labels. I feel that you can never have enough choices-right?
    Fran@kindergartencrayons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the money activity... thanks for sharing. I just got my book today and I'm almost through chapter 3 ;) Can't wait to see your post!
    Lory
    Lory's Page

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am thoroughly enjoying this blog party. I have a question about the containers. How many copies of the game do you make? I was just wondering if you had the game or activity in more than one container. I noticed you had 10 Money labels. Do you haved 10 different Money stations?

    I am currently taking a free online course offered this summer on blogging so I am excited to be able to blog like the awesome bloggers I have seen through this party. I am so thrilled to see all the teachers working together as a whole to educate our children of today. We teach our children to share and I think it is wonderful to see all the wonderful teachers out here sharing together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I created 10 because I wanted to have enough to pair kids together. My thought is that when I am introducing a new math work station it may be all the same one but I want them to be in their "spots" as well as with their partner. This will help. After many years of teaching, yes, I may have enough resources for 10 stations is a particular topic especially adding, number sense, etc. But I do plan on having repeats in my work stations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for your sweet sweet comment. And how did I miss this adorable ice cream parlor station?! Ice cream's my theme ya know. It's so hard to keep up, but I love this. Thanks so much for sharing it.
    Lessons Learned

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top