It's still Tuesday, here in CA.
So, here it goes....
Teacher Talk Tuesday!
My Advice for Teachers (new or not so new to teaching)
- Kids will see right through you when they know you are not "into it."
- School may be the only safe place that child has in their life. As a child, I loved school. It was my "safe haven" from a sometimes confusing home life.
- See the good in each of your students. If you don't, they won't either.
- Everyone needs to know that they are loved. Show them but also tell them.
Allow for mistakes.
- Learning is all about making mistakes. No one is perfect. Everyone, including me, makes mistakes. Learning from our mistakes is what really matters.
- Education is always reinventing itself. Keep up with it on your own or through organizations, professional learning communities. (Does blogging and blog hopping count?)
Less is more.
- Teaching is an exhausting profession. Make time for yourself, family and other interests. My first year, I was in my classroom every weekend. I was also sick all the time. Over the years, I've learned to tackle one new thing instead of trying to tackle it all.
Love what you do.
- You deserve to love your job and so do the children we teach. They deserve the best from us. They are the future. Let's give them the best.
Have a great school year! Let's make the best of it!
Happy Learning and Teaching!