First Day


Today was the first day of school.  It was an almost uneventful except for the rainy day schedule.  Yes, rainy day schedule!  

The kids did an outstanding job!  Almost all of them, recognized their name and could write it.  We got a lot accomplished for a half day.  We read several books including Pete the Cat, drew a picture of ourselves, and practiced our colors.

We also learned one of our procedures: My Turn, Your Turn.  This really helped them to know when they could just chat away or when they needed to focus and listen attentively.  

Tomorrow is a full day.  I am going to be brave and bring out the scissors and glue!  We are going to look for items from magazines that are red and orange.  Wish me luck!  Let's hope everyone goes home without a new haircut.  

Happy Learning and Teaching!

4 comments

  1. Good luck! Sounds like you're off to a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell me more about my turn, your turn!! My class is SO chatty this year..they are having a hard time with when I give you a quiet signal, you have to stay quiet while I give a direction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to hear more about 'my turn, your turn" also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would really like to hear more about my turn, your turn! :) my class loves to talk which is great, but not when I'm talking to them. They are even more chatty at the end of the day!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top