Sunday, November 27, 2011

December Book Picks

I can't believe December is almost here!  Where did the time go?  I will spend much of the month assessing my students and then, reporting out to parents about their child's progress.

In the meantime, I hope to be able to share with them a few favorite books that bring a little winter into our southern California lives.

Although, I love Christmas and so do many of my children, I try to teach children about other traditions that are celebrated during the winter months.  Instead, if time permits, I will spend a little time teaching about Hanukah and/or Kwanzaa.  Children will have access to Christmas theme books at the listening center or in the library.


Do you like this?  It is a slideshow widget from Amazon.  Go here to get yours.

What will you be reading this month?  Link up here. I'm always on the lookout for more books to add to my Gingerbread collection.

Happy Reading!

5 comments:

  1. So glad you are doing this! I love finding new books! I just linked up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here it is not easy to find English books 4 children in original tounge than I have to buy them on Internet. I love to read about Gingerbread Man than I focus exercises and more on it! Thanks 4 sharing and greetings from ITALY to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just linked up - you've got some FUN titles! The Only One Club by Janet Naliboff is awesome for Hanukah and Anika's Secret Wish by Beverly Lewis introduces a cool holiday tradition from Sweden.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing your cookie recipe on TBA! I'm going to a cookie swap party soon and need lots of good recipes-- so hopefully I'll be able to make them and spread the love!! :)

    Classroom Confetti

    ReplyDelete