Hanukkah idea....and More

Whew!  Assessments and report cards are finished!



We are performing for our families a collection of winter songs including The Driedel Song by Raffi.  Here are few Hanukkah activities we completed during our learning.




We made these pattern candles found here.  I used them to decorate the door. 

My students learned how to play the Driedel game which they loved.  Look at that smile! The kids could not get enough of this game.  

I also made a little book for my kids to read based on the song.  Unfortunately, I can't share because of the graphics but you can find the Hanukkah graphics here.
Source
And totally, unrelated, we are participating in a Gingerbread Exchange.  This kids enjoy looking at the map to find where our Gingerbread is from.  They are eagerly awaiting getting a Gingerbread Girl. Here is our display. We made gingerbread houses after reading Gingerbread Baby.  It was a great independent activity while I finished testing.  

Five more days until vacation!  Yeah!

Happy Teaching and Learning!

7 comments

  1. I LOVE that you celebrate Hanukkah too!!!!!
    Seems like the kids had a great time!

    Happy Holidays!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very Creative Idea
    Dawn
    http://literacymathideas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have always wanted to do a gingerbread exchange. Can you tell me how it is done so I can do it next year?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! I tried out the Hanukkah candles and driedel game with my kinders last week and they loved it. I always love your ideas!
    ~Meredith
    Keen on Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top