January Book Picks - Linky Party

I can't believe 2012 is upon us.  Luckily, school does not start until the 9th!   Most of these books will be used for teaching during science and social studies.

Remembering Martin Luther King, Jr.

These books are great for all grade levels.  
I try to teach about the many people who
influenced the Civil Rights Movement.


Let is Snow. Let is Snow. Let it Snow.

No, snow in my parts of California!
But with these books we'll have "snow" much fun.



Celebrating Chinese New Year

The New Year begins January 23rd.
It's the year of the Dragon!  




I plan to share ideas, pinspirations and perhaps, a freebie or two to go with these book picks.  Now, it's your turn to link up or leave a comment about your favorites.


Happy Reading!



10 comments

  1. These are some great picks! I own a few of them!
    I'll pull them off my shelf next monday when I get in. Thanks for the suggestions!

    Also, I have a New Years Resolution linky party & a questioner on my blog that I would really love your feedback on. Please stop by and give me your opinion.

    Thanks!!!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the ideas! I have a few of these books. I am linking up with my favorites as soon as I write up the post!
    Ms. McBee’s Kinderbugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! I will link up soon. I love sharing good books with fellow teachers. Love your blog. I appreciate you stopping by A Class Act. Thanks! :) I added your blog button to my list.

    Tanya
    http://msvs3rdgradeclass.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY - thanks for some new titles. We LOVE Sam and the Lucky Money!!!

    Happy New Year,

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all of the book recommendations! I love seeing what books you recommend each month. I was at a bookstore on Friday and both books I bought were ones I'd heard about on your blog- The Runaway Wok and Jalapeno Bagels. Can't wait to read them to my students!
    Keen on Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your list of books. I hope you will link it up to my Snow Day Linky Party on my blog.
    http://pitnerm.blogspot.com/2011/12/is-there-anything-better-than-snow-day.html

    Pitner's Potpourri

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am your newest party and I linked up to your party! Come on over to my blog and have a look around-see ya there:-)
    Johanna

    http://fanaticallyfirstgrade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for the Linky Party! Love your selections! I am your newest follower! :)
    http://creativeteaching-kimberly.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great linky party! I am working on my post to link up. I love your blog and nominated you for the Versatile blogger award. Head over to my blog to grab it.

    Thinking Out Loud

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your blog and your linky parties! And I am your newest follower.

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top