1) Post the rules.
2) Post 12 things about yourself
3) Answer the 12 questions sent from the person that tagged you. Then create 12 new questions for the people you tag.
4) Tag 12 people and link them to your post.
5) Let them know you tagged them.
1. I wear black or gray almost everyday. It is my go to color scheme.
2. Somedays, I wish I was 2 inches taller. I'm only 5 feet.
3. I'm taller than my mom!
4. I can't sing, play an instrument, or dance!
5. Not many people know that I blog.
6. I stop by Starbucks for a grande coffee which I sweeten and add lots of half and half.
7. I worked at a museum briefly before teaching.
8. I love spicy food; mostly Thai dishes.
9. I'm a minimalist when it comes to classroom environment. You won't see much hanging up because I find it distracting. But beware of my closets. They are packed. I need to organize that space better.
10. I get up automatically by 6; even on weekends.
11. My son makes me the happiest.
12. I really want to visit DisneyWorld.
1) What blog do you most look forward to new posts from? I have so many favorites. My favorite once a week posts comes from this blogger and this one.
2) What is your favorite teaching topic/unit? Wow! That's a hard one! I love to teach any content which makes my students look forward to learning. Sometimes, I will plan a theme based on their interests. I really don't like teaching the same things over and over again. I'm always tweaking.
3) What is the 1st thing you do once all your students are gone? Check email and tidy up my desk.
4) What one thing would you buy for your class if money weren't an issue? A SmartBoard.
5) What is the best thing about your classroom? The students.
6) What is your favorite movie? I'm not a big movie watcher. I like romantic comedies.
7) If you had to choose one book to REread, what would it be? As a teenager, I read Roots many times. I haven't read that in decades. So, perhaps, that one.
8) What are your favorite shoes, for school? Anything comfortable. Today, it was boots.
9) What is your "go to" school lunch? Whatever is in the cafeteria. I never have time to make lunch. :(
10) What is your best childhood memory? Visiting my grandmother in Texas. It was like being transported to a different time. I can still remember waking up in my grandmother's bed with ranchero music in the background and the scent of fresh tortillas being made for breakfast. It was magical.
11) How did you come up with the name for your blog? Kinda obvious. A little boring, though.
12) What is your favorite canceled tv show? Lost. I hated to see that show end. One of the few I watched from the first episode to last.
The 12 questions for my 12 picks...
1. Are you a reading workshop school or do you teach using a reading series? Reading series. We are about to adopt CA Treasures.
2. What are your school hours? Kids 8:25 to 2:50. Me: 7:30 to 4ish.
3. What is your favorite subject to teach? Social studies and as of late, math.
4. What is your favorite picture book to read to your class? It depends on my mood and theirs. I try to find books that fit "our" personalities. We are just getting into the Pig and Elephant series by Mo Willems.
5. Why did you start blogging? It started out just as a new thing to try. It's turned into a lot more. :)
6. How many students do you have in your class? 22
7. What is a typical lunch that you bring to school? I usually don't bring lunch. I grab something from our school or pick something up. Bad, I know.
8. Do you watch the presidential debates? Nope.
9. Coffee or tea? Coffee. Formal tea with girlfriends 4 times a year.
10. Who is your favorite Sesame Street character? Why? Snuffy. I love his eyelashes. :)
11. Would you rather get roses or daisy's? Yellow roses.
12. Salty or sweet? Umami. I love the taste of salty and sweet together.
Many blogging friends have been tagged already. Here are a few I'd love to hear from:
4. Ingles 360
6. Frog Spot
1. What is your favorite outfit to wear to school?
2. Would you rather cook or go out to eat? Why?
3. Do you have a favorite blog post?
4. Do you read blogs before school?
5. What do you love most about the school you teach at?
6. How long is your commute?
7. What is one area you would like to improve in your teaching?
8. Are you a morning person? Or night owl?
9. What is your favorite day of the week?
10. Is teaching your first or second career?
11. How tall are you?
12. Do you have a color scheme for your class?