Dr. Seuss - Week 2

It has been a long week.  I am fighting a cold, testing like a mad woman, and trying to finish our author study on Dr. Seuss.  I'm not sure how some of you folks do it, completing a theme each week.  It usually takes me FOREVER to get what I'd like to teach in because of the amount of time we have to complete these "fun" standards based learnings.

We read the Cat and the Hat and completed "our version" of Things.  It was a cross between this for the face and number and this for the hair.  I drew the body.  I was so "out of it" this week that I have no picture to share. :(

Instead I have these photos of some of our math centers.  We have been working on these for the last two weeks



I look forward to changing my math centers and I think so are my kids.  Here's a little freebie I have to share with you.
Graphics by Just So Scrappy

This work mat could be used for adding, subtracting, counting, etc.  The possibilities are endless.  If you choose to use this, please consider becoming a Follower or comment to let me know how you plan to use it with your students.

Happy Teaching and Learning!

5 comments

  1. Love the freebie! Drink lots of OJ and feel better! :)
    ❤Teri
    A Cupcake for the Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how I hear you! We were doing some of the same..we just finished Alternate Assessments last week and we did an all day Dr Suess with my 3- 6th graders and I was pooped last nite! Rest up and drink lots of fluids and get a little sun if you can too!
    PS I am looking forward to trying out the Freebie this week too! Thanks so much for sharing!
    Randy Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the ten frames freebie! Hope you feel better soon!

    Diane
    kindergartenafunplacetobe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the fish & count game.
    Which packet does it come?
    Thanks Mel

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top