Importing CDs to iTunes

Thank you for the overwhelming response to my previous post about how I use the listening center in my classroom.  I had a few requests on how to import CDs.  This is a step by step tutorial for those who need it.  Most of the audiobook CDs I have were purchased through Scholastic.

First, open iTunes.




When you insert the Cd,  a pop up window will appear like this. See those three checks to the left of the title? Many audiobooks are read with or without the page turn signals. Some have comprehension questions.  I usually only import the story with page signals. So, I uncheck number 2 and 3. Then, click on the bottom right; Import CD.  




Once completed it will look like this in your Music Library.  To get the image, if purchased through iTunes or a "more popular" item, you can click Advanced: Get Album Artwork on the top menu bar of iTunes.  Otherwise, you will have to get the image.  For early readers, the image helps them to know which book to get next.




I usually copy the image onto my desktop and drag it into the bottom left as shown here.




Next, you'll need to create a Playlist.  Go to File: New Playlist from the iTunes Menu bar.  I rename it to Audiobooks.  Once you've created your playlist, you can edit, add, or delete items from here.  The beauty is that it is still in your music library.  So, it is not gone forever.

If you notice from the first photo, my audiobooks playlist contains three items; two books and a podcast and lasts approximately 27 minutes.  More than enough time for one round of Daily 5.

I have been using this system for over three years and it works for me and my students.  I really do love this system.  I encourage you to give it a try.

Happy Teaching and Learning!

3 comments

  1. Hi Mrs. Parker! I LOVE your blog. I have given you a blog award ;)

    Sam
    ateacherlookingglass.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for writing all of that out for everyone with screen shots and all! It's a good reference for people to have if they are new at it.
    :)
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great post! My hubs always does it for me (as one of the ways he shows me that me loves me) but I NEED to do it myself sometimes too.

    Mary
    Sharing Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top