Guest Blogger - First Grade Blue Skies

Hi everyone! I am Jennifer from First Grade Blue SKies!
I am so happy to be guest blogging today for Mrs Parker!
As we head into another school year, we are all busy planning things for those first few days of school.  I have blogged about this book before, but I cannot stress to you how much I love it and how much my students do, too!
Anyways, it is a hilarious book about a naughty little brother, Sam, who adds (gross) "things" to the sandwich he is "kindly" making his sister, Samantha. This is one of a series of funny books, and they are styled so that the kids have to guess what he has put in there by the rhyme, and then you fold it out- and there it is!  At the end it makes a big sandwich!  There is a rhythm to the book and the kids *love* it!  I heard it for the first time from my college reading teacher (she'd bring a children's book each time we met for class) I've read it so many times, I know it by heart (I have read it the first day of every year I have taught..)  It sort of breaks the ice and lets the kids know they shouldn't be scared and that I can be fun =)  They remember it all year, repeatedly beg to hear it again and again--no matter what the age!   Just in case you get or have the book, I decided to revise an old freebie and do a bit more with it...hope you love it!
Click here or on the picture to get your freebie!
(graphics are by Melonheadz and Graphics Factory)

 Here is a door display I did one year, where the kids wrote what "special" ingredient they would add to the sandwich!  
SO much fun when I then added plastic bugs to complete the decor!!


Thank you so much, Mrs. Parker, for letting me guest post here!
Please click over and follow my blog if you don't already!



Thanks, Jennifer for sharing this story, freebie and bulletin board display with us. I purchased this book last time she blogged about it and my son loved it. It is must have in your book collection.



4 comments

Back to Top