Flashback Friday v.1

For the next few weeks, I will be featuring a few of my favorite posts in a series called,
This week, I'd like to feature one of my earliest posts.  I have a bit of an owl theme this year, so this post seemed fitting.

Wild About Owls


Fall is the perfect time to study nocturnal animals.   We read Owls by Gail Gibbons.  The kids were fascinated by the names of the owls.  Their favorite owl was the Elf Owl.  To help them understand the vocabulary word elf, I showed them a picture of a Keebler Elf

For art, the students created these wonderful looking owls using tear art.  Here are a few upclose.  I love the texture and detail that tear art creates.


What I love about this project is that it meets the needs of all learners.  This picture below was created by one of my students who is mainstreamed into my classroom for part of the day. 

I think they look absolutely beautiful!



Happy Learning and Teaching!

3 comments

  1. These are great! I'm your newest follower. :) Did you draw the blackline owls for your students or can you point me to where I might be able to find this pattern? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pattern was from Mailbox. That is why I can not share it with you.

      Delete

Back to Top