Are you looking for some resources to teach dental health to your little ones as well as address the Common Core Standards? I have created a collection of resources that you can use anytime of the year.
These books will be sure to get your little ones excited about talking about the dentist, their teeth, and the tooth fairy.
Show Me Your Smile
Moose's Loose Tooth
Why Do I Brush My Teeth?
Dr. De Soto
The Tooth Book
Never Take a Shark to the Dentist
Just Going to the Dentist
Brush, Brush, Brush
I Know Why I Brush My Teeth
What If You Had Animal Teeth?
The Night Before the Tooth Fairy
The Berenstain Bears Visit the Dentist
As an early primary teacher, wiggly teeth are a fact of life. I like using this song to introduce subtraction. (I've had it so long, I can't remember the source.)
Here are few math activities to use in your classroom.
1. Help the Tooth Fairy Count Her Teeth by Can Do Kinders
2. Shark Teeth Addition by HeidiSongs
3. Subtraction Smiles by Mrs. Ehle's Kindergarten
4. Exploring Teeth with Dr. Seuss
5. Monster Teeth Subraction by HeidiSongs
6. Brushing Up on Teen Numbers Using QR Codes by me
The QR Code freebie works on decomposing teen numbers. I am using this as a progress monitoring assessment with my students.
Here is a sample page.
Hope you enjoy it.