Five for Friday

I am joining Doodle Bugs Teaching for Five for Friday.  Here is a peek into my week.  It was a great one!  :)


We started our unit of study on American symbols.  I am so excited to use this new resource.  I love this unit but feel I could use more books.  Any suggestions?

A photo posted by Mrs.Parker (@learningwithmrsparker) on



We used our Common Core skills to create this bulletin board comparing both presidents.

#teachercreatedresources
#chalkboardbrights

Tuesday nights have quickly become my nights to join my #TeacherFriends on Twitter.  I love this weekly chat and learn so much from each #GuestEduCelebrity.  The Twitter chat is hosted and moderated by Debbie Clement and she manages to get great guests and prizes for those of us participating.  In fact, I won this prize on Tuesday.  I am still in shock.  


I hope you'll join me and my #TeacherFriends on Twitter too.  Follow me on Twitter here.  

We celebrated Valentine's Day on Thursday.  #thankgoodnessforfourdayweekends
We are a PBIS school, so I wanted to give my students something positive for Valentine's.  These cards from Party City were perfect.  I found these freebies on TPT and used them for our centers during the day. Find them here, here, and here and tuck them away for next year.




I love Kid President and had to have this book as soon as it came out.  I'd love to give a copy to one of you, too.  Just comment below with a positive quote or a funny story.  Please leave your email so that I can contact you.    


Random generator will select on of you by Tuesday.  Random number generator selected number 2.  Congratulations!


Happy Teaching!

6 comments

  1. I love your bulletin board! A little story for you... When we read a shared story, I say "ready, read" so students all begin reading together. A couple weeks ago, I got an e-mail from a parent asking me to explain to her child that "mommy doesn't need to say 'ready, read' when we read the story for homework". I asked the child, in passing, if she has her mom say "ready, read" when doing her homework. The child looked at me like "duh, of course I do" and said "yes I have her say it". I asked why (you never know what you're going to get when you ask a kindergartner 'why') and she said "because you say it when we read". I explained that I say it because we have a lot of people reading together so we all need to know to start together. When you are at home, it is ok if you just read when it is your turn. She responded, "ok, but I'm still going to make her say it because you say it." The mom LOL when I e-mailed her back because this is totally that child.

    Have a good weekend!

    Amanda
    A Very Curious Class

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too love the Kid President and would love his book.

    Here is my funny. Last week I was wearing leggings and had all of my boys in the room lining up to get ready to go to the hall bathroom and was complaining to them that my leggings would not stay up. After tugging on them and commenting that they were good one of them asked me, "How are your knee-ins?" I just looked at him (after making the connection) and laughingly explained that they were fine too. I love kids. They do say the cutest things.

    Enjoy your long weekend!
    Amy
    qbeepatte@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amy,
      Random Generator picked you. I shall be emailing you with details.

      Delete
  3. We decided that the "someone else" we were going to make 2015 awesome for was the rest of our school. So every week we do something, write a note to another teacher, or to the students across the hall, or do something special for someone in our building. This week we targeted the special teachers in our school and on Monday we make encouraging, fun, or funny sticky notes for our title teacher. I suggested that we put them on her white board. One little Kinder got very serious and said that she would not like that because that is where she teaches. So we put them on the front of her desk. She and I had a good chuckle the next morning when I told her what her little friend said! We love Kid President and I would love the book! We decided after watching the Awesome 2015 video that we'd make it an awesome year for the rest of our school. It has been a great experience for us so far!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW! You got a free registration to the Splash? Congratulations!
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your free registration to Splash! I've never been but I've thought about going for the past two years...just can't quite afford it. I love Kid President! Doesn't he make you feel so happy? He just makes me feel good about the world and the future! I had no idea he had a book out! Very cool!

    Karyn
    Kideducator@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top