I'm Busy

It's the busiest time of the year.....ASSESSMENTS!

I convinced  suggested that we purchase ESGI to use with our assessments.  I love it!  And, so do my teammates.  We are able to use some on the system tests and create our own assessments.  No more shuffling papers, gathering supplies, etc.  Just click and go.  Data in an instant!  (And, I don't know about your school....but we are all about data.)

Here is the problem! TESTING TAKES FOREVER!!!!!!  It is 1-1.  In the pre-reading section, there are 4 tests times 21 kids.  There are 3 sections. You get the drift.

My poor kiddos!  They loose valuable instruction time.  :(    I try to only test during center time.  But I still get those kids who want to show you their work or just stop by to chat.

So, I've created this little sign to remind them that I'm busy.  I plan to insert it into a little frame and display at my computer where I am testing.

Click image for your copy.
What are some of your tricks of the trade to keep kids at bay while you assess?  Let me know.  I hope I'm not the only one who has this problem.

Happy Sunday all!  I'm hoping to watch a lot of football while planning for the week and getting some report cards started.

Happy Teaching and Learning!

5 comments

  1. I wear my red, tinsel-brimmed, cowboy hat. Lightens the mood "Howdy Pardner - ya'll plan on knockin' my socks right of these here feet?!?" and is a great visual for "She's testing - leave her alone" {even my fellow teachers know what "the hat" means}.

    I just blogged a little about it here:

    http://crisscrossapplesauceinfirstgrade.blogspot.com/2011/12/warning-read-at-your-own-risk-warning.html

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade


    Love your sign too!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "off" not "of" {you know I had to fix it}. And I didn't blog about the hat THERE I blogged about it HERE:

    http://crisscrossapplesauceinfirstgrade.blogspot.com/2011/12/pssst-its-friday-in-case-you-didnt-know.html

    And now I'm going to take a nap - because apparently I need one. OY!

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck with all the testing!

    Also, just wanted to stop by and share my new GIVEAWAY with you :)
    You can WIN a $20 Gift Card for Amazon and shop till you drop :)

    Come by & enter to WIN!
    http://www.ateacherstreasure.com/2011/11/treasured-giveaway-20-amazon-gift-card.html

    Happy Holidays!

    ❤ Mor Zrihen ❤
    A Teacher's Treasure

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had a colleague who would wear a tie around her neck any time she was doing assessments or even small group work. That way the rest of the class knew she was "all tied up". :)
    Lora
    lorajwebster@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wear a tiara or other funny headband to show my kiddos that I am busy - it works pretty well. I also put a foam circle on the back of my name badge and drew a a face on it, I tell me kiddos that it means "I love you, but I can't talk to you right now", for those kiddos who inevitably just HAVE to talk to me.

    ✪ Miss W

    Miss W Teaches

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top