How to Draw an Elf Directed Drawing


As a mom, I began the tradition of having an Elf on our shelf during the holiday season. It brought my own child so much joy to see his elf appear magically each year. 

I was inspired by our family tradition to create this. While I do not believe that an elf should be used as a behavior management strategy, I can see how some children might want to know how to draw an elf based on their own experiences. 
  


I created a movie that you can use for yourself or use with your students.  


Lastly, here are a few other Elf inspired books and resources that you might like to add to your collection. In my classroom, I like the read The Littlest Elf before our directed drawings.  I also love Harry Connick Jr.'s The Happy Elf; the music alone brings a smile.  



If you use this in your classroom, I would be so honored if you shared them with me.  You can connect with me on Instagram, Facebook or Twitter.  

Happy Teaching!

8 comments

  1. I adore your elf drawing. And that is the cutest little video ever! I can't wait to do this with my class tomorrow- they'll love it! Thanks.
    Chrissy
    First Grade Found Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. These turned out so cute today! I'll send you some pictures.
    --Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will be doing this tomorrow! Thank you for the video! Super easy and great!!! :)
    Magically in First

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was so much fun and so easy!!!! The kids loved it and so did I. Thanks for making our Monday fun and easy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah! I'm glad you liked it! Directed drawing is so much fun and easy to prep.

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top