Instant Math Center Using Puzzles

Turn an ordinary 100 piece puzzle into an instant learning center!
I labeled the back of each piece of the puzzle with the key information that my first graders needed to know regarding number.  The puzzles are labeled either by digit, word, or by place value using words and visuals.

I have found that many kids would love to complete a puzzle but do not know how.  This helps really helps them.  It gives them a map of what piece is needed next.  I love to do this activity when we are learning about place value.  It's an engaging way to see who is understanding!  It also makes a great 100 day activity!

Happy Learning and Teaching!

12 comments

  1. This is a really cool idea! Thank you for sharing! :)

    Ladybug
    http://ladybugsteacherfiles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea. I better start saving my puzzles!!
    Donna

    http://kinderglynn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea!!!!!!

    -Rachelle
    www.whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. First of all, thanks SO much for stopping by my blog. Also, what an AMAZING idea...so simple, so cute. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!
    I just found your blog- it is wonderful!

    http://teachinghappilyeverafter.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just found your blog! you are so inspiring! Thanks for all the awesome ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just found your blog! Its super cute and you have great ideas!!!

    http://skellyskindergarten.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea. I never know what to do with all the puzzles that are incomplete. We'll just make them a workbox activity for math! (And even other subjects - e.g., labeling one "possessive adjectives" and surrounding it with puzzle pieces labeled "my, your, his, her, its, our, your, their.") Thanks for the idea!
    Half-a-Hundred Acre Wood

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great idea! And a way to make double use of puzzle pieces. Thank you so much for contributing to Math Monday Blog Hop. Hope to see you there each week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very creative! I made a link to your blog. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So do you just make the pieces that are beside each other the ones that go together?

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top