Phonological Awareness FREEBIE

Although, we are nearing the 100th day of school, I still have a few students who are developing their phonological awareness.

During RTI, we work closely to hone these skills.  I love using this but have found that I need more items to support their learning.

I created this Phonological Awareness Bingo game because I noticed that my students struggled to put 3 sounds together.  As we use it, students must be able to put the sounds that I say into words.  Then, they must match the picture.  This requires careful listening as there are similar pictures.


We have been playing for several weeks and I have noticed a great improvement in their ability to blend sounds into words with and without pictures.

I thought that you might enjoy this game for your students, too. Click the image to get your copy.


If you do download this freebie, I'd appreciate a comment to this question.
What do you do to help develop your students phonological skills?

Happy Teaching,

11 comments

  1. Great idea to combine a great game with a much needed skill. It is always interesting to me to see how different a child can be developmentally when it comes to phonological awareness. Best of luck as you implement it!

    Tonja Irvine
    Ta-Doodles Illustrations & Smart Puppy Learning

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much! This will work wonders for my high Pre-K kiddos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE playing bingo types of games like this for phonological awareness! I made one a lot like that when I was teaching, too. I also like using puppets in lessons as well. For example, my monster puppet always starts every word with an M sound. What is he trying to say when he says "mencil?" Or, my shark puppet bites the beginning sound off of every word. How would he say "cookie?" My dino bites the end off every word. What word is this? "Eleph---."
    Lots of fun!
    Heidi Butkus

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much! I have CVC picture cards that I use a lot with my students. We name the beginning sound, a rhyming word, segment them, or spell them depending on their developmental level.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. I checked the link and it should work. Just click on the icon with the arrow pointing down above the picture.

      Delete
    2. I did. But I will try it again. Thanks!!

      Delete
  6. This is great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your ideas are so helpful! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top