Educational Books That Transform Teaching and Learning


Summer is here! Like many of you, I have a long list of educational books that have piqued my interests. Here is what I am currently reading.  



These educational books can be sorted into three categories of learning.







I am interested to learn how mindset can affect how and what we think about ourselves and our capabilities. We see this all the time as teachers and parents. Children believe that making mistakes is bad or wrong.  Where in reality, making mistakes is part of the process; learning.  Perhaps, this Frost quote, which I have loved since high school, sums up best Growth Mindset.









Last school year, I began the journey with my students of using technology in our everyday learning.  It's amazing to see what five and six year olds are capable of doing if you give them the tools and time to explore.  This upcoming school year, I would like to further develop these skills.







Ever since I began my teaching career, I have loved to read about other teachers who not only are great teachers but are mentors.  Teaching is demanding. But reading stories like these, always uplift and give me hope that what I do has purpose and meaning.


My hope is that these reads will inspire and transform my teaching and learning as I head back into the classroom this upcoming fall.   Now, a question for you.  What are you currently reading?


2 comments

  1. Carol Dweck is amazing and I love her work on growth mindset. Have you read "How Children Succeed" by Paul Tough? Another book about the non-cognitive skills that children need in order to succeed. Another one of my all time favorite books has to be "Teaching with Poverty in Mind: What Being Poor Does to Kids Brains and What Schools Can Do About It" by Eric Jensen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the book recommendation. I have read Jensen's boo but not the other. Adding to my growing list of reading.

      Delete

Back to Top