Creating With ThingLink for Education



Have you heard about ThingLink? Thinglink allows you to turn your images into stories; Common Core writing at its best. This web based platform can be used via the computer or on a mobile device.  To get started, you will need to register.  Be sure to register as a teacher. Educators can use the site for free and have their students use the site as well.  You are ready to start.  Upload an image or video and begin creating! This interactive platform is easy to use.

Here is the Thinklink that I created about myself. (If viewing on a mobile device, you might need to tap on the picture to view.) I plan on adding this to my classroom website as a way to introduce myself to families this upcoming school year.  I also hope to have my students create one about themselves. Since I teach kindergarten, I may ask our upper grade buddies to assist us or do this later in the year.



The possibilities are endless! 

This is the ThingLink my son created about our recent vacation trip.  Isn't this a great way to write a paragraph without feeling that your are writing a paragraph?!

  

I hope you'll explore this resource.  This is a great technology tool that allows our students to create, think and collaborate.

Happy Teaching!

2 comments

  1. That's really neat! Do you think that first and second graders could handle it?
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! My son just finished second and was able to create his own. I think students could collaborate. It is super easy to use on the iPad. They could easily take pictures on one another and write a few things about each other.

      Delete

Back to Top