Summer

Summer is officially over.  How did I spend my summer vacation? I spent it being a full time momma.  Usually, I have had the luxury of daycare to take care of my son at least half time.  Not this year.

Here are a few of my favorite resources that I used to prepare my little one this summer for kindergarten.  I loved these products so much that I plan to use them with my students at school.

Annie's Sight Word Watches
These are great!  My son loved to color and wear the watches.  I loved that it reinforced his reading skills. The only help, he really needed was to cut out the watch. I highly recommend these.


Penmanship practice was a part of our day.  We used Pamela's Alphabet Practice Pages.  Prior to this, he was not interested in learning how to form letters correctly.   Somehow, the graphics piqued his interest.  Each page contains both the "just right" amount of practice and variety with stars showing where to begin.  As with all penmanship worksheets, the only thing I needed to do was monitor him to ensure he was completing the correct strokes.

This along with our weekly trips to the library, gardening, and play encompassed most of our days.  Overall, it was a great summer of family time.  I am now ready to get back into "school mode."  Here is a sneak peek of my classroom.

I moved into a portable classroom and with the help of some amazing staff, I was able to get my classroom ready in less than a week.  It did not really feel like my classroom until I had my library up and organized.

Just in case you are wondering.  I am teaching kindergarten.

Happy Teaching and Learning!

1 comment

  1. Aww...you TOTALLY made my day! I love seeing your little guy coloring his sight word watch! I bet you LOVED every minute as a full time Momma:) Now you have 2 full time jobs! Boy you must be tired:) Hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top