Where Am I Now?




It feels like a million years ago, since I've sat down to write on this page. 

So much has taken place since my last post.

Where am I now?

Currently, like yourself, I am in Safer at Home orders due to COVID-19. That may be in part, why I have "the time" to write.

This space, Learning with Mrs. Parker, was/is the first place I made teacher connections outside of my school community. It feels like returning to a familiar place but at the same time I feel a bit lost and out of place.

Teacher blogs are no longer the same as they used to be when I first began almost a decade ago. (Did I just type, a DECADE?!!)

That might be in part why I stopped writing. I've never viewed myself as a teacher blogger who wants to self promote. Rather, I see myself as that teacher who want to share that something that makes my teacher life easier or better.

Which brings me back to where am I now.

I'm currently teaching Transitional Kindergarten which in California means the grade between pre-k and Kindergarten. It's been a new learning curve understanding the developmental needs of late four/early five year olds. I do love it but...

I do miss kindergarten some days.

Some things remain the same...

I believe that literacy provides voices for all. I want my students to see themselves in the books we read. I continue to try to improve my pedagogy because if I want my students to learn, I need to as well.

I'm not sure why I got on here today...but, perhaps, it's to bookmark a period of my teaching career.

Learning with Mrs. Parker has always been about my teaching journey. Perhaps, it's time I get back to sharing. What do you think?  


5 comments

  1. I've always enjoyed your posts! I say: keep it coming, even if you've been out of the habit for a while! I don't think that anyone here thinks that you are attempting to self-promote. :)
    Heidi Butkus

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Heidi. Your support means a lot. I know that I admire the work of fellow educators and am thankful to have learned alongside many in this virtual landscape.

      Delete
  2. I'm so glad you're back! I still read teaching blogs everyday and love the ideas that teachers share! I hope you'll continue to post and share all of your amazing ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Karyn for your kind words. I still read blogs but maybe not as often as in the past. I'm hoping to reconnect here sharing a bit of my journey as we all navigate another dimension to our teach. I don't want to call it a "new norm" because that's exactly what I hope that this does not become.

      Delete
  3. Welcome back; I still read (and write!) blog posts a decade later. Kind of addicting!! Virtual hugs during this unusual time. Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top