I'm joining Rowdy in First Grade's Linky Party! Here is my list.
- Never have cake for birthday parties. Cake is too messy and takes way too long to serve. Always ask for cupcakes and juice.
- A bandaid can fix anything. Keep plenty on hand.
- Always watch what you say. There have been many times when I tell the kids to follow me and they literally stand up and do what I'm doing.
- Always have a Kleenex box on every table. No one wants to clean up a snot filled table. Yuck!
- Start the day with a song. Yes, everyday! Nothing unifies a group more than sharing a song.
- Don't be afraid to make mistakes. Actually, celebrate them. I let my kids know that I will make mistakes. I also let them know I will learn from them too. Mistakes help me become a better teacher.
- Say I love you. Many children may not hear this. Let them know they are loved.
- Love what you do. Teaching children is an awesome responsibility. Love it or leave it! The kids deserve the best.
- Pencils are a teachers worst nightmare. They always need sharpening.
- Start the day with coffee. On a bad day, treat yourself to retail therapy. :)
Happy Teaching and Learning!