Inspired By You!

This week my class has been learning the spelling patterns for long i.  When planning, I knew exactly where to look.  I used some clip art and manila envelopes for my fry boxes.  Then, I printed my long i words onto yellow paper.  We read and sorted the words together.  Students can work on this independently during center time.

I also created this Small Fry word sort.  The kids really were involved and it seemed to be just enough of a challenge for my higher students. This was because I accidentally had multiples of words. Therefore, they had to make sure there were not repeats.

I also used this great resource as well.  I was lucky enough to buy it during the TPT sale.  This inspired me to create this document to further help my struggling readers.  I plan on having them cut out the words so that I can staple to the bottom of the document. They will flip the words down as they sing the song. To further motivate them, I am going to let them use fly swatters! (I apologize in advance if it off beat.  I am nowhere musically inclined!  Thankfully, my kiddos don't mind.)


If you use it in your classroom, I'd appreciate a comment on how it worked for your students. 

Happy Teaching and Learning!

3 comments

  1. Thanks so much for sharing! I loved your template and shared it on my facebook fan page (hope that's ok) - adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so fabulous. Thanks so much for sharing!
    - Sydney

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog and it is great!! I absolutely love the McDonalds' game. It doesn't load to Google docs. Is there anyway I can get it? Thanks for all that you share! =)

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top