American Symbols Part II

We had a wonderful time learning about the symbols of America.  Here is a peek at some of our learning.

Patriotic Hearts  After learning about the colors of our flag, students weaved these hearts.  I added their photo to the star.

Liberty Crowns  This is one of my favorite crafts.  To make, I draw the crown onto a 18x12 construction paper and cut.


 Drawing Lady Liberty With the help of this You Tube video, I was able to teach my students how to draw the Statue of Liberty.  I originally saw this here and here.


Bald Eagles We completed this shared writing to go along with our art from Mrs. Jump's unit.

I loved how patriotic our classroom looked.


Happy Learning and Teaching!

4 comments

  1. Love the link back!!! I am finally finishing up all the grading from our American Symbols Unit!

    Laurie
    Chickadee Jubilee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those eagles are darling! Did they come with the unit from Deanna Jump? If not, where can I get them?
    :)
    Heidi Butkus
    http://heidisongs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mrs. Parker -

    You do such amazing stuff; that's why I'm passing along the One Lovely Blog award. Come on by the Corner to grab the graphic and pass it along if you're able. Thanks for the continued inspiration.

    Barbara
    The Corner On Character

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your patriotic stuff! Can't wait for you to see what we have for Texas!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top