New Read Alouds for the Fall

Do you love shopping for books as much as you love back to school shopping? If you said, yes, join the club!  I just finished ordering some new books from Amazon that I thought you might love too.

Pete the Cat: Rocking in My School Shoes
This is book two for our beloved Pete the Cat!  
Rhyming Dust Bunnies Here Comes the Big, Mean Dust Bunny!
I ordered both of these.  My students love rhyming dust bunnies.  In fact they try to hide it from one another.  Don't you love when kids that!  
The Pout-Pout Fish in the Big-Big Dark
I can't wait to read this book!  
Llama Llama Misses MamaLlama Llama Home with Mama
The first will definitely be one of my first week of school read alouds.
Splat the Cat: Back to School, Splat!
Have you discovered Splat the Cat? There are so many to choose.
Skippyjon Jones, Class Action
I love Skippyjon Jones' imagination!  

I'd love to see what you will be reading this fall.  I'm sure others will too.  Join my Read Alouds for the Fall Linky Party!  Grab a button and start reading!


Happy Learning and Teaching!


  1. Oooh! A New Skippyjon Jones!!! I am SO excited!!

  2. Love read alouds no matter what the age:) What a fun idea for a linky party. Posted about it on my blog:) Can't wait to learn about some new books to use:))

    4th Grade Frolics

  3. I haven't seen the new Skippyjon Jones book or the Back to School Splat book. My kids love them! I will definitely be ordering :)

  4. I ADORE Splat the Cat! I have several of his books and am working on collecting them all. :)

    Ms. M
    Ms.M's Blog
    A Teacher's Plan

  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

  6. I just posted about the new Pete the Cat book! I cannot wait to get it. My kids loved the first one so much.
    I will post a few that I used for a training that are not as common!
    Great idea for a linky party friend!

  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

  8. My own kids LOVE Skippyjon Jones! I will need to get that new book asap! Thanks for posting about it! I love your blog and am adding you to my blog roll.
    PS-sorry for the deleted posts, blogger was giving me some trouble tonight!

  9. What a great linky party idea! I am already getting so many ideas!!! I just want to get on and amazon and buy away!! I posted about this as well on my blog.

    Fantastic First Grade

  10. Two new books I'm excited about: When A Dragon Moves In by Jodi Moore and Sheila Says We're Weird by Ruth Ann Smalley! Can't wait to take a peek at your picks!


  11. I love all of the new book ideas! Can't wait to get the new llama book! I read Llama Llama Misses Mama on the first day of kindergarten last year and we adopted llama as our class mascot (I bought a stuffed animal llama that travels home with the kids).

    Keen on Kindergarten

  12. I had NO idea there was a new Skippyjon coming out! I'm over the moon! Thanks for the heads up. Great linky party theme! :)

    ✰ Mrs. Kincaid
    Mrs. Kincaid’s First Grade

  13. One of my favorites is Ticky Tacky Doll. I don't know the author off the top of my head. The story is one of my go to for back to school. I have a whole stack at school and I can't remember them all but most are here already- which is a good thing!!

  14. I love Splat! I have a stuffed Splat Cat; he travels to each student's home, snug in a red backpack, with a journal and a few of his books. This activity is fun for everyone!


  15. Thank you for the great idea! My husband will not appreciate my new Amazon shopping cart!

  16. Thanks! I can't wait to find some new great read alouds to use with my 3rd graders!


  17. Thanks to all who have posted their book recommendations. I just received my first box of books today via your recommendations. :)

  18. I just ordered a big, fat, box of books from Amazon, and should be getting them this week! Can't wait to check out the titles I found from this linky party!

  19. Thanks for including The Pout-Pout Fish in the Big-Big Dark!

    Best Fishes,
    Debbie Diesen (author of The Pout-Pout Fish)

  20. TOO many to choose from :) I linked up! Great party :) Thanks! I got great ideas from others too!


Back to Top