W Is For....

This is part of Teaching the Alphabet blog party.
(I am posting this early since I will be out of town without my computer.  I wanted to make sure everything was working before leaving.)

I have the letter W.   
My inspiration was this book.
This story is appealing to younger learners but also very witty for older children.  
It also covers lots of standards; both Common Core Standards and California.
Included in this packet are ideas for math, reading and writing.  

Kindergarten students will probably do many of these activities in a whole group setting through interactive and shared reading and writing lessons. Whereas, first grade students will be able to do some independently after teaching modeling.
Click image for your copy.
I have worked hard to create this for my classroom and yours.  Please respect my work by not distributing to others, rather referring them to my blog.  If you do enjoy it, please leave a comment.  I would also love to see this in action.  Send an email.   It would make my day to see children using it!

Now it's your turn.  Below is a list of bloggers who have signed up to host a letter.
Thank you ladies!  :)
Click to see who is hosting.

Link up and add my button.  
Didn't sign up.  Don't worry.  You can join in the fun, too!  
I can't wait to see all the ideas!  


Happy Teaching and Learning!


Teaching the Alphabet

13 comments

  1. Wonderful! Wondrous! Yep, those are the only W words I can think of now lol


    Thanks!


    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi. I am SAS for the letter Tt. I never received an email about when to post my letter information. Can you send it again to:
    kykindergartenkorner@hotmail.com

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SAS
    Link up whenever you are ready.
    Cute blog-BTW

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love using this book! Thanks for creating this and many other wonderful things that you so willingly share.
    Katrina

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! Love your blog! Wasn't able to see who had signed up for what letter but I went ahead and posted your "party" and left some ideas using alphabet books. Great idea!! Look forward to seeing the other ideas. Will add to my link with more ideas.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Robin (Bigbird)
    http://www.firsttoremember.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the letter W! I love Diary of a Worm. It will be so nice to have some great books and activities to go with each letter. I guess I better get going on the letter L :)
    ~Meredith
    Keen on Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  7. I stopped by today... I will come back to grab the button later and post on my blog under the title.. Things that make teaching fun! I am having a giveaway and Dice Linky party and you are invited!
    littlemisskindergarten.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much! I am returning to K after teaching gr.3 for 5 years and am so happy to see some great ideas for alphabet work. Wow!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi! Nice job. I signed up for the letter B and added my button above. Did I do this correctly? This is my first link party and I want to be sure I'm participating properly.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG! Great minds is right. Wow, that's too funny. Can't believe both of these were posted within two days of each other. Love the idea of using Diary of a Worm to teach 'W'. Cute idea!
    ☺ Tanya
    First Grade is Fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Can't wait to see the rest of the alpha ideas! :) Great party!

    Little Miss Glamour Goes to Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your stuff is just so...good! And fun! Thanks so much! :)

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top