Pumpkins and More



When I saw the brace map on Chalk Talk's blog last year, I knew I wanted to create it with my students. The kids were thrilled when they had a chance to paint with our volunteer mom.  We used their painted orange papers to make all the pumpkins displayed.  The brace maps and life cycles were created over a period of several days due to time.  I love how this bulletin board is visually pleasing but all "packed" with learning.


Today, in our attempt to have a little fun, we created this Pinterest project during math time. I must say, the kids were so highly focused on the project that there was almost no talking.  It always amazes me when silence arises because they are "into" their learning.


And, now, I can look forward to the hustle and bustle of November.   What are you looking forward to most about this month?   For me, it is Thanksgiving (and a week long break).  It is my favorite holiday; a celebration of food and family.  If you'd like to find out what I'm planning on reading or join my linky party, read the post below.

Happy Teaching and Learning!

3 comments

  1. Your pumpking bb is awesome - look at all that work you put into it!!!

    Holly
    Crisscross Applesauce in First Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did the brace map last year with the pumpkins and loved it. I love your shape bulletin board!! We just did a shape monster today. I love November, too. Being with my kiddos who are in college at Thanksgiving time is awesome along with my hubby and family. I will pull my November stuff this weekend and link up to ya soon!!
    BusyBees

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited about our Veterans Day program and Santas for Our Soldiers letter-writing campaign. Such a GREAT opportunity for Thanks and Giving!! I'm thankful that our paths crossed this year; you're an inspiration.

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top