I <3 My iPad

I love my iPad!

My husband loves technology. Fortunately, for me, this means we have some great gadgets that I usually feel too intimidated to try. Honestly, it took me a while to like my iPod.

But, the iPad, that is different. I love this device! I can read, play games, search the net, and blog.

Recently, I began taking it in for my kiddos to use. My special education students really like it. The added benefit is that I have learned a lot about their learning by monitoring them while they play.

Here are my top 3 favorite apps.

Super Why
It has alphabet recognition, rhyming, cloze sentences, and handwriting.

Pocket Chart Math
This games has students recognize numbers and count.

Jack and the Beanstalk
A fun interactive read aloud book.

The possibilities are endless!

What are some other apps or suggestions? I really want to know. I am thinking about writing a grant on Donors Choose for one in our classroom.
Your help would be appreciated.

Happy Teaching and Learning!



- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

2 comments

  1. Go for it! I just wrote a grant for an ipod touch! Maybe I should have done an ipad!! I love technology and wish there were endless opportunities for us, but we lack funding!
    -Rachelle
    www.whattheteacherwants.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. We just got 4 ipads per grade to rotate as small centers throughout the week. I am LOVING it!!
    Here is a link with a bunch of free Language Arts apps:

    http://www.brighthub.com/education/k-12/articles/62720.aspx

    and because the apps can get exspensive it is important to do your homework before buying them... here is a great site where teachers review all sort of apps

    http://www.iear.org/iear/tag/elementary-students

    ...good luck and have fun!!!

    Firstgradeserenade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top